Old Age - 1
Why does old age put one in a spot ?
Like strong inability to get off the cot,Or creating a splash outside the pot,
There is some thing else which I forgot !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As "I" and "me"are present in "my" domain,
It's possible to easily endure the pain,
Without any symptoms of fear or strain,
At 73 in life, is there anything to gain?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I sit with my meal - plate on my lap,
I feel I could do with a small nap,
Memory recall has gone into a snap,
I really can not reveal more on WhatsApp !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the cool morning breeze kissed my cheek,
My swollen knees really demanded a peak,
But old age ensures one does not speak,
Even if in the inners worn, there is a leak!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the end has been seemingly drawing near,
I have been living without any kind of fear ;
At times I do tend to go out of the right gear,
That's in the midst of those near and dear !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The world need not suffer me for too long,
Even though I have not done many a wrong,
From within I do feel I am still quite strong,
But it is likely, I may miss the dinner gong !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amazing to see these online. Let's hope this is a start to many more wonderful write-ups, quotes and anecdotes.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouraging feedback
DeleteAs some of the ideas flit through my mind in the wee hours of the night, perhaps it may be necessary for me to keep a pen and writing pad near my pillow !
DeleteNandu your narration is awesome. You are gifted . Keep writing 🌷🌷.
ReplyDeleteI'll keep writing, and I hope you're going to keep reading too !
Delete
ReplyDeleteThose who say “ age is a number”,
are yet to see themselves lumber!
It’s easy to close eyes to reality
and talk such clichéd banality !
nice to read your genuine feelings
which is surely experience gleanings.
V M
Age is just a number that keeps changing regularly on a particular Dat every year.
ReplyDeleteI have sometimes wondered how big this number called *age* would have been had we been following the lunar calendar of 28 days rather than the solar calendar.
Read *dat* as *date* !
ReplyDelete