Practical Philosophy - 1

          "STILL WATERS"

Still waters are believed to really  run quite deep, 

into the shimmering waters, I did take a leap ;

To get a glimpse of the vast hidden treasure,
As I was lucky, the reward was in fair measure.
-----------------------------------------

               " T I M E "

A stitch in time is said to save nine,
It would help save rupees of mine,
But there could be an imposed fine,
If I dare to routinely cross the line !
-----------------------------------------

           " G L I T T E R "

All that glitters may not certainly be gold,
But in life, decisions cannot be put on hold ;
There is always a risk of being short sold,
It should not deter one from being bold.
-----------------------------------------

            " P E T A R D "

It is not nice to be hoist up one's own petard,
But it does happen on being a mental retard ;
This has been elucidated quite well by the bard,
For the air borne victim, it could be really hard !
-----------------------------------------

                " R A I N "

It is indeed insane not to cry in the rain,
When one is troubled by acute grief or pain,
The tears that flow down will not return again,
But the world will not know about this quiet strain.
-----------------------------------------

            " C L O U D "

Every cloud has a silver lining,
Then why all this fuss and whining ?
One may not be into gold mining,
But isn't it great to be just dining ?
Rather than some paper signing !
-----------------------------------------

         " V E N T U R E "

They say "nothing venture nothing gain"
Along with pleasure there's always pain ;
Life is a rainbow of shine and rain,
One cannot dismiss this with disdain.

-----------------------------------------

      " PRIDE OF PLACE "

When one is bestowed the pride of place in the sun,
Life intervenes and drains out all the frolic and fun ;
It really feels like being forced to be on the run,
Quite unable to fathom with the mind in a stun !

-----------------------------------------

Comments

  1. Love these short rhyming quotes, hoping to read more of these notes.
    Put together in a blog, they are easy to promote,
    By all means, my guess, will get many a vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me try to get a century of such poems in course òf time.

      Delete
  2. The attempts were to resort to some rhyme while adumbratIng a few points which were not lacking in reason !

    Thanks galore for the kind feedback. I'll certainly come up with some more like these. Soon !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the proverbs we learnt in school
    By stroke of a finger Nandu changed its tune !
    Whether for rhyme or rhythm we cannot say
    But it surely made him a poet on a holiday !

    Keep it up Nandu

    All strength to your nimble fingers
    hope to read more such which in memory lingers !
    V m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to see you also donning the "poetry cap" ! Keep the rhyming meter on !

      Delete
  4. In my mind some more of these are flying around. I need to focus on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice short rhyming prose with a witty undertone and touch of reality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Anjali...You have encapsulated the main points that I had in mind while composing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish you all success Sir .A book of such short prose would be refreshing and of interest.Regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the good wishes and kind suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nandu your art of narration be it prose or poem is awesome. Gifted 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been able to publish many more. I hope you're going to read them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts