Practical Philosophy - 5

 Practical  Philosophy - 5

     ----------------------------

                 "DEW"

This perhaps has been observed by just a few,
In the early morning hours if there is dense dew,
The sun beams in soon enough as if to renew,
Its bright  claims over whatever all is on view !
   -----------------------------

                  "PICK"
                 -----------

I recall when I could move and run quite quick, 
Now even while walking, it is not smooth or slick; 
Mental agility too seems to have got some stick,
When to do what, one has to choose or pick !
      ----------------------------

                "FALL"
                -----------

It is said that the winner normally  takes it all,
While the loser stands nearby looking small ;
But quite often such pride goes before a fall,
For what's in store, one cannot ever stall !
     ------------------------

              "TWEAK"
               ------------

Those with a wild streak tend to squeak,
When nature shows that it can also tweak ;
Like a catch dropping from a bird's  beak, 
Or in general making life look quite bleak.
    ----------------------------

             "SIGHING"
            ------------------

Deep in my heart I think I was really crying,
If I did not disclose  this, I would be lying ;
As the moments in my life kept on flying,
I kept wondering,pondering and sighing !
     --------------------------

                 "LOCK"
                 ------------

It's well nigh impossible to be steady as a rock,
As one's old age does a tango with the clock ;
Every endeavour to pull up the sagging  sock, 
Seems futile, as the breath goes into a lock !
       ------------------------

                "BLAME"
                 --------------
Rather than playing a game of bluff or blame,
Isn't it better to hang the head in shame ?
For just like being blessed with luck or fame,
The reverses could come to make one tame.
       -------------------------

                  "FOOL"
                  ------------

A fool and his money part ways pretty soon,
Opportunity is seized by some like a boon ;
By springing out from the rest of a cocoon,
To grab that bite with both fork and spoon  !
       -------------------------

Comments

Popular Posts