Walking and Thinking - 2
The sun was seemingly appearing to be having a tough time in its earnest endeavours to push and pierce through a fairly thick layer of dew at 7.30 am, despite having heralded its arrival at 6.45 am. These days each morning the temperature is in single digits, generally hovering between 1 and 5 degrees Celsius marks.
I had tried to encapsulate the process of my walk in the morning in the first episode of this series, as "I think, I plan, I analyse, I philosophise !" And as adumbrated earlier, this is one of my usual methods to indulge in to clear and cleanse my mind and system ;with a view to remain calm, cool and composed ! It does work most of the time, I may add !
Trying to maintain or retain what could be called an "unruffled or unperturbed" demeanour is well nigh impossible during these challenging times of our existence. Yet it is prudent to endeavour to block the possibility of being miffed over triviality.
This kind of toning and tuning exercise for both body and mind has been intrinsically illuminating for me, besides being quite beneficial in precluding and preventing ideas ringed with "hopeless or helpless" hues from furrowing furtively into the precincts of my mental domain.
Over the last few years, I have been resisting the normal temptation and tendency to express my point of view on some subjects which could lead to avoidable arguments. This is not only to preserve my energy levels but also to utilise the time thus saved for enhancing my own peace of mind. In today's parlance, the operative word would be obviously "escalate" ! !
The ultimate aim in life, as I see it, is to live it with some bonhomie and joie de vivre, devoid of any form of aggressive or abrasive behaviour, that could cause angst or anger in others ; because we all are like ships that pass in the night in the vast ocean. There are many whom we have met and interacted with with pleasure, but may never meet again during this lifespan.
It is truly said that we come with a certain quota of "breaths", and we need to bid au revoir or ciao, and go away when that quota is exhausted. So there is no room for ego or excitement over the achievements and / or accolades that may have come our way.
Tailpiece : Every 100 years or so, our planet Earth renews its stock of human beings or homo sapiens... almost entirely ! Have you noticed this ?
Isn't this a very sobering thought ? !
Are we all just "transmitting thought waves" with some temporary body forms with about 70 % water content ? It is almost like the oceans accounting for about 70 %
of the surface space of the Earth !
I am "Merely Musing".
The idea is, to enable all to "Smile a While".
----------------------------
I had tried to encapsulate the process of my walk in the morning in the first episode of this series, as "I think, I plan, I analyse, I philosophise !" And as adumbrated earlier, this is one of my usual methods to indulge in to clear and cleanse my mind and system ;with a view to remain calm, cool and composed ! It does work most of the time, I may add !
Trying to maintain or retain what could be called an "unruffled or unperturbed" demeanour is well nigh impossible during these challenging times of our existence. Yet it is prudent to endeavour to block the possibility of being miffed over triviality.
This kind of toning and tuning exercise for both body and mind has been intrinsically illuminating for me, besides being quite beneficial in precluding and preventing ideas ringed with "hopeless or helpless" hues from furrowing furtively into the precincts of my mental domain.
Over the last few years, I have been resisting the normal temptation and tendency to express my point of view on some subjects which could lead to avoidable arguments. This is not only to preserve my energy levels but also to utilise the time thus saved for enhancing my own peace of mind. In today's parlance, the operative word would be obviously "escalate" ! !
The ultimate aim in life, as I see it, is to live it with some bonhomie and joie de vivre, devoid of any form of aggressive or abrasive behaviour, that could cause angst or anger in others ; because we all are like ships that pass in the night in the vast ocean. There are many whom we have met and interacted with with pleasure, but may never meet again during this lifespan.
It is truly said that we come with a certain quota of "breaths", and we need to bid au revoir or ciao, and go away when that quota is exhausted. So there is no room for ego or excitement over the achievements and / or accolades that may have come our way.
Tailpiece : Every 100 years or so, our planet Earth renews its stock of human beings or homo sapiens... almost entirely ! Have you noticed this ?
Isn't this a very sobering thought ? !
Are we all just "transmitting thought waves" with some temporary body forms with about 70 % water content ? It is almost like the oceans accounting for about 70 %
of the surface space of the Earth !
I am "Merely Musing".
The idea is, to enable all to "Smile a While".
----------------------------
Comments
Post a Comment