Walking and Thinking - 1


The sun was beginning to slowly spread the bright morning rays through a maze of mist at 6.25 am. The temperature was a cool and bracing 7 degrees Celsius with the monsoon rains having decided to play truant, after a spell of continual rains over the last weekend.

I padded up both my knees as usual for my morning walk. I need the knee gear in view of ortho -arthritis that had nestled in in that area of my ancient legs since about the last 15 months or so. I embark on this routine with alacrity as this form of energising exercise is vital. This is generally done between 7.15 am and 8.45 am to ensure that excess flab doesn't get accumulated around my middle. The legs too get the necessary blood circulation going well.

It is generally postulated that one must "walk the talk", albeit in a totally different context.

I prefer to keep my mouth shut and give my vocals full rest in order to preserve the energy levels in my lungs. But I do indulge in multi - tasking of a certain kind, which is altogether different and diverse. I think, I plan, I analyse, I philosophise ! This is one of my usual methods of meditation and mind - cleaning...to remain calm and composed...most of the time.

Being human, I can make no claims to be absolutely unruffled or unperturbed.
This kind of exercise for my body and mind has been quite invaluable and invigorating in not inviting invidious impacts!

Yesterday I had posted  ( "published" is the correct word when it comes to "blogging" ! ) two parts of my "GULDASTAA" series, with 19 and 17 Hindi poems respectively, using the Devanagari script. The feedback has been quite encouraging with sixteen responses already flowing in.

It was also felt by me that those who have had less exposure to this script over the last few / many years or decades would prefer these poems with practical philosophical content in rhyme to be seen in Roman script (that is, with English alphabet) for easier reading.

This aspect is now being attended to with priority and "BOUQUET" will follow soon on this site.

As I have indulged in my liking for Urdu poetry and "shaayaree" by allowing the Hindi used by me to be embraced or embroidered with this affliction of mine, there will be explanations for some of the words too !

It is hoped that this would benefit some / many. Frank and free feedback, as well as comments are most certainly welcomed ! !
Every blogger  needs to improve by improvisation.

With yours truly being a new blogger who is now in his mid - 70s in age, I am able to take all sections of views in my stride without feeling any strain. The ultimate aim is to entertain and bring many a smile to the faces. If in the process, there is enlightenment too streaking in, won't that be accounted for as some extra unexpectedly accrued bonus?

Tailpiece: For *cloud* in English,  the Hindi words are obviously *baadal* or *megh*. Right?

If the commonly used former Hindi word is used by me, and I spell it as "baadal" in line with the correct pronunciation, but auto - dictionary intervenes to make it "badal", then would you grasp it as 'cloud' or 'change' ?

Remember the title song by Mahendra Kapur in the film "Baharen Phir Bhi Aayengi" of 1966, which goes "Badal Jaye Agar Maali" ? !

Comments

  1. Absolutely flowing like a river your narration. Too good Nandu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The river may get tempted to grow...into an ocean !

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the new blog.
    Very refreshing look and great content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me hope that I can maintain the flow, going forward.

      Delete
  3. You did talk your walk pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...for your kind words of encouragement.

      Delete
  4. Nandu keep walking and talking to us through your blog . It was a nice read ! 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vimla, I set a new high on my morning walk today. The details have been captured on the Pedometer..

      Delete
  5. Very nice Nandu; keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Appammama, keep on posting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much.
    Yes, the show must go on !

    ReplyDelete
  8. These will be coming regularly in different garb and satire.
    Do keep reading and conveying your views frankly and freely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts