WALKING AND THINKING - 4
WALKING AND THINKING ( Part 4 )
------------------------------Time unwaveringly rolls on like a smooth shimmering stream with perhaps a hint of a gleam. On the other hand, we mortals have our moments of lethargy and lackadaisical approach generally occasioned by sheer ennui or reduced energy.
Even when I indulge in my periodical sabbaticals from the exercise of "tapping in", I dare not stop my walking ! This activity is needed to perforce be in line with my self imposed daily targets ; and in order to ensure that a modicum of freshness and fitness seep in.
Thinking also enables me to deprive disorders like Alzheimers from peeping in and creating potholes in my brain. Having said this, I wonder if Parkinsonism has sneaked in through an unguarded entry point !
There was a time when I dropped nothing once I got a grip onto it, be it thought or object. Now, I need to admit that "a drop a day" appears to be quite in order. Perspicacity seems to be in decline, but I try to place this in the category of "straws in the wind".
The central focus in one's mind keeps on shifting as ageing takes place. Thus, as a person, one seems to be continually evolving.The stark reality is that while we are tense and anxious on upgrading our earning skillsets for a better and brighter lifestyle, as well as a smooth old age, during those earning years or accumulation phase ( from say 20 years to about 60 years or thereabouts ),quite often one perceives a sort of a chameleonic change setting in post retirement.
All that fretting and fuming, as well as the hustle and bustle over "accumulation" now changes to what may be called "distribution". This is an absolute "about turn" ! That innate desire to excel in life transforms into wanting to give back to society, in some kind of reasonable measure.
This thinking has been elucidated with simple words by Jesus Christ...
"Unless a seed falls to the ground and dies, it lives unto itself ; but if it dies it brings forth much fruit".
I recall the years when I tried assiduously and arduously to build up my collection of music. By the year 2007, I was in reverse gear shedding whatever I had built up, and actually being pleased to be doing this dismantling process !
Along with the books and audio cassettes, out went the TV set and related assets. Maybe that's the point in my life when some shades and streaks of practical philosophy began taking root within me. There was indeed an inner realisation growing within me that I could live my life peacefully with less strings and springs attached to me.
" Thodaa hain, bas thode kee zaroorat hain ; Zindagee phir bhee yahaan khoobsoorat hain".
It is indeed exceedingly intriguing that how once a person is ensconced in comfort and luxury, some basic things are forgotten.
We all came wailing and empty handed but if we can go away smiling, even though with empty hands yet again, that's a priceless treasure !
And if we have done enough in our lifetime to leave behind a few / some indelible impressions, that would be tantamount to the icing on the cake !
Allow me to sign off here for the present with an interesting quote :
" I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."
( Albert Einstein )
-----------------------
Comments
Post a Comment